Thursday 11 November 2010

Knitting

It is over a month since my last blog - that's because I have spent the last month knitting squares for Zoe's Brownies.  Before I could start I had to search the cupboards and the loft for wool and needles.  The first lot I found had a no. 7, a no 8 and a no. 11 needle but not a pair.  When I eventually found the matching needles I tackled my first square using some grey wool I found.  Those of you who have known me a for a long time will recognise this as the grey wool from a and grey and white sweater I started to knit many years ago!!  The wool was a bit dull in colour so made a trip to the newly opened wool shop in Weymouth and bought some new wool.  It took two or three attempts to get something square but once I had got the hang of things I managed a respectable number of squares which I posted off to Zoe today.  This is the result.

4 comments:

  1. Very impressed - I've done six and am working on a seventh in stocking stitch, having got a knitting book out of the library to learn how to purl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can learn to knit on U Tube!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that grey wool, must have been about 1976!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I saw a beginner's knitting kit yesterday. Had one or two people in mind for it!

    ReplyDelete